Hey everyone, today I’m going to be doing a comparison of the Moleskine Notebooks versus the Leuchtturm1917 notebooks. What I have here are the most popular sizes, the pocket size and then the large size.
So, first of all, let’s check out what those notebooks have to offer. Let’s start with moleskin, this is the softcover Pocket Moleskine and comes elastic, strap they open it up a logo on the bottom, the website first page says in case of loss. Please return to and then you can put in a reward.
It starts out with the cardboard page actual notebook. This is the ruled one and then another cardboard page, and then it has a pocket and back things pocket, and then it has a page marker. So this is pretty much what every Moleskine looks like and what it offers.
So, let’s check out the Leuchtrum 1917. This is the hardcover pocket version. Also elastic strap, let’s open it up, has the logo on the bottom and then here you simply just keep putting your name and address and there’s a thicker cardboard cover page.
Then it has a table of contents. So the first one, two pages are, which is one, two, three pages table of contents. Where you can, you know, put in what you write and about so you can find you notes much easier than the first page looks like this all the line and also believe that got the dotted paper ones and the graph paper ones.
Have this at the top. This is dotted and dated, some people don’t like it as much. I don’t really mind and it’s really my preference. You know, then, here we have two pages and then also miles cardboard page.
What’s really great about this notebook is that it is actually numbered. So you know exactly where your notes are at if you put it in the table of contents upfront which I really like.
The last eight pages are also perforated, it’s fantastic, then it has also a pocket in the back and then one thing I just dropped.
It also has the KY Ville stickers, which is really neat, for you, know, organizing your notebooks, putting them away in a shelf and just put it on there. I can put this on the front. A large label – and then this here you can put on the spine after you’re done writing it, which I really like it’s a great feature. So all in all this notebook offers a lot more features with stickers, perforated pages numbered pages and table of contents up front. It’s really neat.
Let’s check out the sizes, this is the pocket size. So, let’s check it out. The Moleskine is slightly shorter, they’re, the same width here, so the dimensions actually are the Moleskine is 1917 is 9 by 14 centimeters or 3.5 by 5.5 inches and the Leuchtturm 1917 is 9 by 15 centimeters or 2.5 by 5.9 inches, so it’s slightly higher as you can see.
This comes with pocket size, 192 pages. This comes with 185 pages, so you get a little bit more pages here in the Moleskine.
Let’s check out the large size. This is the Moleskine. Softcover comes with 192 pages. The Leuchtturm 1917 is the hardcover, which comes with 249 pages. So it’s compared to soft one is actually because 192 pages softcover Moleskine, but there’s also a softcover Leuchtturm 1917 which only has 121 pages, but is a lot more flexible and let’s check out the size. So here they have the exact same height. But this one’s a little bit wider, the dimensions are on the large Moleskine is 13 by 21, centimeters or 5 by 8.5 inches and Leuchtturm is 14.5 by 21 centimeters or 5.8 by 8.25 inches.
So, as you can see a little bit wider, you get more pages on the softcover Moleskine, then on the Leucchtturm at 192 pages little Moleskine and 121 on the Leuchtturm.
Hardcover. I do not have currently a large hardcover moleskin, but I know that it comes with 240 pages, the hardcover version of this, and then this has 249 pages, so you get a little bit more pages on the Leuchtturm. Of course, the Leuchtturm1917 also comes in black of the black version here, as you can see, so has all the features that the pocket one has are, and every journal is pretty much the same in terms of features.
What I like and don’t like about those too personally I have switched to using Leuchtturm 1917 notebooks, because they offer a lot more features they have, as I said, you know the table of contents. The page numbers perforated pages in the back, the stickers you know for archiving new notebooks, and one major feature – is the paper quality. Paper quality in the Moleskine has gone downhill immensely. It’s like the latest one about a few weeks back. It’S really really cheap, cheap paper is really flimsy, she’s like recycling. Cheap Paper should cost about $ 2 or.
The Leuchtturm amuses really nice paper. It’s probably can’t see this as well. It’s really soft and smooth. It’s thicker than the Moleskine just feels much more much better quality.
If you compare those two, I don’t know if you can see this really well here. The lines are which we’re faint on the Leuchtturm, say they’re not like screaming in your face like they Moleskin so overall my favorite is the Leuchtturm.
One thing Moleskine does really well is they’ Softcover covers they’re, really soft and smooth. They actually look almost like real leather. The Leuchtturm to one is really thicker and looks more like plastic, and it’s like rougher and harder, and just does not look nearly as nice. This looks more like plastic. This looks more like real leather. It feels more like real leather soft, where this is kind of rough in their hands,
So there’s definitely some room for improvement with the Leuchtturm in terms of softcovers, and I wish they would come with a little bit more pages. So that’s the only drawback here you know if you can see it as a drawback, you know smooth cover rougher cover so all-in-all, my favorite is the Leuchtturm versus you know Moleskine.
So i think that Moleskine used to be great, now they’ve, cheap and out and sold out. For this, is you know, a small German company, that’s really on the rise and has lots of beautiful colors once the caramel, which is my favorite, and I would definitely, go check him out take a look
That was my review in comparison between Moleskine and Leuchtturm 1917. Thank you for reading.
- CLASSIC MOLESKINE NOTEBOOK: Moleskine classic notebooks are perfect notebooks for writing journals, a daily diary, or note taking in college classes or meetings. Moleskine notebooks are beloved by travelers & bullet journalists for their slim design.
- DURABLE COVER & ELASTIC CLOSURE: Hold writing projects & notes in your Moleskine notebook with an elastic closure band & inner storage folders. Leather-like classic Moleskine cover & thick, ivory paper pages are perfect for writing with fountain pens.
- GIFT QUALITY NOTEBOOKS: Moleskine planners, journals and notebooks come in hardcover or softcover and colors like black, red, blue, green and brown. The binding and cover have a durable finish, designed for daily journaling, writing and sketching.
- DELUXE QUALITY PAGES: Moleskine's thick, ivory paper pages in a hardcover Moleskine notebook, softcover Moleskine notebook, cahier or volant journal, or Moleskine planner are perfectly textured for writing with a ballpoint pen, fountain pen, or pencil.
- MOLESKINE QUALITY: We're dedicated to culture, travel, memory, imagination, & personal identity—both physical & digital. We bring this commitment to our notebooks, bags, apps & smart pens & notebooks.
- The A5 MEDIUM notebooks are the perfect size with a wide range of colors making them ideal companions for all walks of life — this notebook series is perfect for midnight ramblings, daily entries, thoughtful reflection, careful chronicling and illuminating life stories
- Thread-bound to open flat which helps make reading the contents easy and adds efficiency to note-taking
- Features 80g/m² acid-free paper with high ink compatibility to help prevent bleed through, an expandable gusseted pocket on the back cover, 2 page markers / bookmarks and an elastic closure band
- Includes 251 numbered pages of RULED paper (punktkariertes / pointillées) with 8 perforated detachable sheets, a blank table of contents for easy organization and notes, also includes stickers for labeling and archiving
- Durable hardcover notebook in a lovely BLACK color with FSC MIX paper made from responsible sources — measures approximately 5¾ inches by 8¼ inches (145x210 mm)